Both the social pool and indoor pool are unavailable for use at this time.
TU Rec’s aquatic facilities include an Olympic-sized indoor pool and a seasonal outdoor Social Pool. Whether you are interested in relaxing by the Social Pool, joining friends for a game of pool basketball, or swimming laps for exercise, our aquatic facilities offer the space and flexibility for a wide range of activities.
For more information, please see the website or contact Kate Vanlandingham, Assistant Director of Aquatics, at (504) 314-2430 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Pool Season: March-October
The social pool is currently closed.
The pool is currently closed due to previously scheduled maintenance.
- No running in or around the Natatorium.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn in the pool.
- Swimmers with serious health conditions should inform the lifeguard on duty.
- Do not use the pool under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- No horseplay in or around the pool.
- Children under nine years of age or less than four feet tall must be accompanied by an adult in the water and within arms reach.
- Children who require flotation devices must be accompanied by an adult in the water and within arms reach.
- Children who are not toilet-trained must wear a swim diaper.
- No smoking, food or beverages allowed in the Natatorium with the exception of bottled water.
- No smoking or food allowed on the Sun Deck.
- No swimming under or walking on the Bulkhead.
- Diving is acceptable in water that is 6 feet or deeper.
- Spitting and nose blowing in the pool are prohibited.
- Do not engage the lifeguard in unnecessary conversation.
- Masks with shatterproof tempered glass face plates, fins, and snorkels may be used. SCUBA gear is permitted during supervised Reily courses only.
- Starting blocks are for swim team use only.
- The rules and requests made by Lifeguards must always be followed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do you have designated lap swim and free swim hours?
A: No, there are no designated times for lap swim and free swim. If the pool is open, you can swim.
Q: What temperature is your pool?
A: The pool temperature is set at 82° Fahrenheit.
Q: How does Saline Chlorination work?
A: Non-iodized table salt, or Sodium Chloride, is added directly into the swimming pool. The saline water passes through a cell located in the pump room and electricity is applied to the metal plates inside the cell. As the low voltage electricity is applied to the saline water, this in turn produces the chlorine used to kill the bacteria and algae. Once the chlorine generated from the salt has killed the bacteria and germs, it reverts back to salt, and the process repeats.
Q: Can I purchase a pool membership?
A: We do not offer a membership specifically for the pool. We do, however, offer gym memberships for community members. Please see the Membership Page for more information regarding membership.